Lucifer Rising – Part 3
|By: Carl Teichrib; ©2001|
|The New Age teaching that “you too can be as God” is infiltrating our educational system. Carl Teichrib explains why he finds this trend so distressing and dangerous.|
Lucifer Rising – Part 3: Educating For The New Age
- “Each student needs to grasp the wide diversity while holding to the idea of the Unity of the Human Family. They will realize that every religion is representative of the ways humanity has kept an inner approach to the Infinite, Supreme Being, Intelligence, Spirit, or that ONE, Who is called, by many of us, ‘God’.”
- — Dr. Robert Muller, A Letter To All Educators In The World.
I was appalled.
It was April of 1997 and I was a “participant” at the Global Citizenship 2000 Youth Congress in Vancouver, British Columbia. Former high-ranking United Nations official, Dr. Robert Muller, was a special guest, helping to facilitate the “visioning” process of the many students and educators in attendance. The purpose of the Congress: to formulate, through “group effort,” a new public education philosophy steeped in paganism, humanism, and globalism. This new vision of education would then be refined for public consumption and integrated into the Canadian public school system. It would also be distributed worldwide through the efforts of Robert Muller and agencies within the UN.
What especially disturbed me was the fact that the Luciferic doctrine of “god” was central to the event. Understand, Dr. Muller is more than just a high UN official, he’s also a “respected” New Ager with strong connections to Lucis Trust (formerly Lucifer Publishing Company) – an influential occult organization tied into Theosophy, Freemasonry, and the United Nations. The Luciferic doctrine presented was the basic lie found in Genesis – you too can be divine, you too can be “as God.”
- …the truth that was given by Jesus, by Mohammed, by these emissaries from outer space, they were really basic truths. And they were so great that the cosmos almost incarnated itself. This is why Jesus said, “I am the incarnation of the divine.” And the Indigenous people, they call it “Great Spirit.” So there was always this fighting to get the message from the outer universe to give us confidence and tell us how to behave. This is why practically all the religions have a great contribution to make to the mystery of life…The only trouble is that their followers, the disciples, they created around these spiritual messages a religion.
- …behave correctly towards the Earth…You are not children of Canada, you are really living units of the cosmos because the Earth is a cosmic phenomena…we are all cosmic units. That is why religions tell you, you are divine. We are divine energy…it is in your hands whether evolution on this planet continues or not.
The Global Citizenship 2000 Youth Congress was hosted by the International Foundation for Learning. It’s chairman, Dr. Desmond Berghofer, was influential within the Alberta public education system, and his novel, The Visioneers, presents an occult/international socialist interpretation of the future. According to The Visioneers,
- The big truth…is that people can choose to become connected through their minds to the energy of the universal creative intelligence. If enough do so, they can set in motion a wave of creative initiative to usher in an era of unprecedented harmony and collaboration worldwide.
Occult doctrine teaches that we are all divine and that we each have the ability to attain the “Christ office.” This doctrine tells us that mankind, through the path of ritual and perfection, can ascend to godhood – that “energy of the universal creative intelligence.” This teaching is no different than that of Lucifer in the Garden of Eden. It was there that Lucifer convinced Eve to disobey God. The “reward” of disobedience, the Serpent said, was that Eve’s eyes would be opened and she would become like God. She would be – occultically speaking – illuminated by the light of Lucifer and, henceforth, have the ability to become her own “Christ.” Accordingly, mankind, through Eve’s disobedience, could break the shackles of the Creator and regain the divine nature.
This core New Age principle is subtly – and not so subtly – being infused within our education system. In the province of Manitoba, youth were given a human rights handout stating that the “Great Spirit” was found in all things – rocks, trees, animals, and humans. What this tells us is that we don’t need to recognize Jesus Christ as Lord, because all things, including ourselves, are infused with “god.” And the forgiveness of sins? What sins. Taking this Luciferic doctrine to its logical conclusion; if I am truly deity, than whatever I do is cosmically acceptable as an action of “god,” regardless if society agrees or disagrees. Therefore, no laws apply, no standards need to be set, and consequences for my actions have no meaning. I can do whatever I want, for “there is no god higher than self.”
This is a frightening philosophy! Through this, pride and arrogance reach their pinnacles. Scripture makes it clear that death follows pride. Psalms 73:6 tells us, “pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment.” And Proverbs 16:18 makes it clear that “pride goeth before destruction.”
Currently, the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is diligently working to promote Robert Muller’s educational philosophies around the world – and its gaining ground. Robert Muller “schools” are springing up throughout the US, teaching the occult philosophy of universal deity and the personalization of a “Christ consciousness.”
What can we do as Christian parents to guard against this type of teaching? If your children are in a public school (or even in a private school), be tuned in to what is being taught. Become involved, and be ready to give a tactful and loving reason for what you believe. Remember, as a parent you are ultimately responsible for what your child is taught. It is up to you to ensure that your children are instilled with a love for God and truth. We need to bring them to the light of Jesus Christ, teaching them to test all things against the foundation of God’s Word.
Deuteronomy 6:4-7 tells us,
- Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one! You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your might. And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart; you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.
Carl Teichrib is the Director of Research at Hope For The World, the organization of best-selling author Gary Kah. To subscribe to their informative newsletter, Hope For The World Update, call 317-290-HOPE.