Signs of the Last Days/Program 3
| September 27, 2013 |
|By: Dr. Jimmy DeYoung; ©2011|
|Scripture reveals that in the end times a global government will arise led by a single leader called the Antichrist. In our contemporary world, we see increasing indications of this future global level of control. Economically, the bottom billion people in the world live on one dollar or less per day. Entire nations have gone bankrupt in the recent global economic crisis, becoming entirely dependent on entities such as the European Union for survival.|
- Announcer: Today on the John Ankerberg Show: are we seeing an increase in natural disasters, earthquakes, famines and wars?
- In 1994 an Asian tsunami killed 230,000 people in 11 countries.
- In 1958 a giant wave 1,720 feet high, 470 feet taller than the Empire State Building, struck Lituya Bay, Alaska, causing absolute destruction.
- In January 2010, a massive earthquake leveled Haiti and killed over 200,000 people, while in March, 2011, one of the five most powerful earthquakes ever recorded hit Japan, creating a 30 foot tsunami that killed more than 20,000 people.
- In the first seven months here in the U.S. we have seen 1,621 devastating tornadoes.
- In Russia, the Ukraine, Argentina, and the southeastern part of the U.S., they are all experiencing severe draught, and have contributed to surging food prices and a new outbreak of famine in the world. According to the United Nations, over 970 million people go to bed hungry every night.
- Further, in the Middle East, 18 different countries are experiencing revolution, bloodshed, and war.
- Do the natural disasters and wars we see today foreshadow Christ’s return? Will these events get any worse?
- My guest today is journalist and prophecy scholar, Dr. Jimmy DeYoung. Join us for this special edition of the John Ankerberg Show.
- Ankerberg: Welcome to our program. I’m John Ankerberg, and we’re talking about the signs of the last days. We’re talking about natural disasters, earthquakes, famines, wars and rumors of wars. And the subtopic underneath that today is, namely, are we headed toward a one world government? We are right now using technology that allows us to go into 184 countries, to a potential audience of over one billion people that can see this program right now. Is that technology leading toward more control of the affairs of everyday citizens?
- Today we have nations that are economically in crisis. Here in the United States our own government is taking more and more control. Let me give you couple of examples. First, our government stepped in to bail out banks deemed too big to fail. Then the government became an owner in two car companies, General Motors and Chrysler, and the two largest mortgage banking companies, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. But they didn’t stop there. Next, they provided billions of dollars in loans to banks, all done with the money the government borrowed and printed. And then, finally, the government took over one sixth of the United States economy by legislating mandatory government run health care, requiring citizens to participate under penalty of law. So, more and more, government is taking control of our everyday affairs here in America.
- But overseas we have countries like Greece, Ireland and France all experiencing their own economic crises. And this had led world leaders, starting back in 2009 at the world summit for the G-20, leaders calling for new global controls and regulations.
- Now, our question today for Jimmy, and from scripture, is this: Is the world stage being set right now in front of our eyes for the events that the scripture predicted as far back as the prophet Daniel? And, Jimmy, let me start with the book of Revelation here first, and then I would like you to jump off of that. God revealed this in the book of Revelation chapter 13: That the Antichrist is going to force everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one can buy or sell, unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. Now, what do you think this verse is saying? And relate that to what we are seeing in our world today.
- DeYoung: John, let me explain, before I get into the passage in Revelation, the three main events in the future. The rapture, by the way, we are prior to the rapture of the Church in this time in history. The rapture is next, when Jesus calls all Christians into the heavenlies. Then there will be a seven year period of time, the tribulation period, followed by the second coming, the return of Jesus Christ.
- We must differentiate between these two now. The rapture, Jesus calls us up to meet him. Then, in the return of Christ, we get on those same white horses that he mounts, and we come back to the earth, planting our feet on the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem. He will set up a kingdom for 1,000 years. That will be followed by the terrible time of judgment at the great white throne judgment before we move into eternity future.
- Now, when we come to the passage in chapter 13 of the book of Revelation, it’s at the midway point between the first and the second column. That is the period of time when the Antichrist is going to set up a one world economic, political governmental system. By the way, the location of the headquarters of that operation is going to be Babylon. I’m talking about literal Babylon on the shores of the Euphrates River, about 58 miles out of downtown Bagdad. That does give us some understanding about why the United States has had an involvement with Iraq.
- But that’s at the midway point. And at that time the world is going to have to worship this Antichrist. And part of the worship is going to be taking an identification mark. We talk about the mark of the beast. I don’t know, the Bible doesn’t tell me “it’s going to be a tattoo up here”; “it is going to be a computer chip on the forehead and the back of the hand”. We do know for sure that it will be an identification mark or even a little computer chip in the tip of your finger would be all that they would need as they go into the grocery store. You run it over the checkout counter and there all of your information is recorded at the bank. In fact, we are not going to have any paper money or coin money in the future, it’s going to be all electronic. That is part of what’s happening in our world technologically today that sets the stage for these prophecies to be fulfilled. The Antichrist will require every single person on earth to have this identification mark. That’s chapter 13 verses 16-17 in the book of Revelation.
- One of the interesting things to me, John, is many people may be saying, “Well, wait a minute, wait a minute. Why would I take a mark on my forehead, a mark on my forehand, a little chip on the end of my finger? Why would I do that?” Well, may I suggest that the world leaders today are working towards a structure, globally, that will set our economic system in place for someone to be able to control the buying and the selling. Our leaders at G20, they have come together. They’ve talked about a common currency, a global structure. George Soros, who is the very rich man who has been manipulating some of the political activities in our world recently, held a conference with over 200 world leaders, economic leaders, political leaders, who came together to determine how they could set in place a global economic structure. The European Union is working within the confines of their 27 member states to do exactly the same thing. China, when the president of China visited with our president in the White House, he said we need to move towards a one world currency.
- John, everything that the Bible talks about will happen seems to be coming into place even as we do this broadcast. I would have to say to the people, man, we had better pay attention to what’s going on. That rapture is the next thing, three and a half years before all of this unfolds. But we’re seeing it happening now. But that must mean the rapture is pretty close at hand.
- Ankerberg: Now, folks, we’re here to find out what God has revealed to us in the scriptures. And we’re going to talk today primarily about Daniel and Revelation. We already talked about Revelation 13. Let me switch to a different area and talk about Daniel 7:17 where the prophet Daniel, 530 years before Jesus Christ, Daniel was shown the different kingdoms that would emerge in the world in the end times.
- And he starts out by saying the four great beasts are four kingdoms that will rise from the earth. He’s going to talk about one of these in chapter 7 verse 23. He talks about the rulers and this kingdom. He says the fourth beast, he defines it himself, is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. “It will be different from all of the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it.”
- Then he talks about the leaders. “The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. And after them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three of those kings. He will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws. And the saints will be handed over to him for three and a half years.”
- Now, Jimmy, talk about this fourth kingdom that both Daniel, and we’re going to see in Revelation, they both talk about this, and the leaders that are going to rule and the final leader that is going to control the whole world.
- DeYoung: John, let me just step back one moment to those previous kingdoms that are going to be in power. This is essential, because if Bible prophecy has been fulfilled, it gives us a basis on which to then realize the prophecies yet to be fulfilled indeed will be fulfilled.
- The previous kingdoms that he’s talking about, the four of them, are the Gentile world powers from the time of Daniel: the Babylonian Empire, the Medo-Persian Empire, the Grecian Empire, and then the first Roman Empire. I say the first, because it is going to be revived. You referred to that passage in Daniel 7:23. The Roman Empire was diverse from all of the others. It came to power; but then there’s a little phrase saying that they must control the entire world. At the time of the Roman Empire, during the time of Christ, they only controlled the Mediterranean region. So a part of that verse, a passage there, must be fulfilled in the future.
- In Daniel 7:24, it talks about a little horn coming out of the ten horns and subduing three of the horns that have come to power. You referred to it as the G-10, I like that. But the terminology that most prophetic teachers use would be the Revived Roman Empire. Throughout history the political leaders of this world tried to revive the Roman Empire. Napoleon said he was the Roman Emperor for the Roman Empire. Mussolini controlled all of the way from Italy to Ethiopia. Hitler said he had revived the Roman Empire. That’s not the case. It’s yet in the future. The rapture must take place and then after that this ten horn unit, whatever it is, the G-10, I like the phrase, or the Revived Roman Empire, must come in to power. I believe we have the infrastructure for that Revived Roman Empire in place right now.
- And then the text says in chapter 7 and verse 8, a little horn—that is, this one that subdues the three members of this G-10—he comes to power, and he then starts to move to bring everything about which Bible prophecy tells us will happen in the seven year tribulation period.
- Ankerberg: Why does the Bible use this imagery of beasts and horns? And what’s all that about? How do we know that what we’re talking about is really true?
- DeYoung: Well, because the Bible defines it. In chapter 2 of the book of Daniel, he talks about the image of a man with a gold head. There, when Daniel is interpreting the dream for Nebuchadnezzar, he says, “Oh, Nebuchadnezzar, thou art the head of gold.” That was the Babylonian Empire. When you come over to chapter 8 of the book of Daniel, it defines the Medo-Persian Empire and the Grecian Empire. Those words are right there in the text. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to understand Bible prophecy; simply read. And then, of course, we know that at the time of Christ it was the Roman Empire that was in place. They controlled the entire world. They were different from all of the rest.
- And so, as we look at history, compare history with the prophetic passages in the scripture, and then look to the future and see what’s happening today, man, we can come to some very important conclusions that gives us the insight to know we’re in that period of time the Bible talks about.
- Ankerberg: Yeah, it’s not the words we would use, it’s the words that were given to Daniel back in that time, and he defined them himself. And so, the fact is, it is a reality as it’s been defined by Scripture itself.
- Now, folks, we are going to take a break. When we come back, we want to look further at the G-10, these leaders that are going to come together, and this one leader that’s going to lead the G-10. And this person is called the Antichrist in Scripture. We’re going to find out what the Bible says about him. We’re not going to speculate, we’re just going to tell you what the Scripture says. Stick with us, we will be right back.
- Ankerberg: We’re back. We’re talking with Dr. Jimmy DeYoung, and we are talking about the signs of the end times. And, in this particular program, we’re talking about the world government that the Bible says is coming in the last days. How close are we to that time? Do we see controls being put into place that will control the world economically? Well, you bet your boots they’re starting to come into place right now. But I want you to see what the Bible says, and then we’re going to let Jimmy talk and explain some of these verses.
- In Revelation 13, like Daniel was talking about, John reveals. “And I saw a beast [a kingdom] coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name…. And the dragon,” John said, “gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority. And one of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast. Men worshipped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast. And they also worshipped the beast and asked, ‘Who is like the beast, who can make war against him?’ The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise his authority for three and a half years.”
- Revelation 17, the information continues about the ten kings and the coming world government. There God tells John, “The ten horns you saw,” he defines it again for us, “are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast. They will give their power and authority to the beast. They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them, because he is Lord of lords and King of kings.” Now, Jimmy, a whole lot is going on here. Explain what we’re hearing.
- DeYoung: Well, you brought in passages from Daniel and also from Revelation. Let me just remind everybody again, when you’re trying to understand Bible prophecy, it is essential you study the book of Daniel and the book of Revelation together. There is a beautiful principle over in 2 Peter 1:20, “There is no prophecy of private interpretation.” Daniel cannot contradict Revelation. They must, like hand in glove, fit together in what they are talking about.
- When Daniel was talking about that ten horn political power coming into its place of operation here in this world in the end times, he was talking about, as we have already mentioned, the Revived Roman Empire. I believe the infrastructure is in place now for the Revived Roman Empire. The text both in Daniel and in Revelation calls for ten kingdoms or ten kings. It could be some type of a unit; it could be a nation; it could be a region. According to the Lisbon Treaty, which is the basic constitution for the European Union today, they are going to take those 27 member states and the 17 Mediterranean states, which will be integrated together here very soon in the future. And with 44 states, they’re not going to be able to operate. So this Lisbon Treaty calls for ten regions to come into place. They have elected a leader of it.
- The Bible talks about a little horn coming out of these ten horns, which is the Antichrist who comes to power. In fact, Hillary Clinton, when she saw the confirmation of this treaty, the Lisbon Treaty, she said the most historic event in her lifetime had taken place. That is the infrastructure, I believe, for the Revived Roman Empire which both Daniel and Revelation talked about: Daniel 7 and Revelation 13 and 17. The stage is set for those Bible prophecies to be fulfilled right there in that seven year period of time after the rapture, before the second coming.
- Ankerberg: Okay, the Bible talks about this leader that’s going to come out of this group that’s basically going to lead this group, alright. The Bible calls him the Antichrist, and there’s a whole bunch of other names. Let’s talk quickly about who the Antichrist is, and the kind of power he is going to have.
- DeYoung: He’s going to be political leader, John. He’s going to come to power, not in his own power, but, according to Revelation 13, energized by Satan. Satan will give him his power, his seat of authority. He comes to power; he blasphemes God. Matthew 7 says he speaks blasphemy against the Most High God. In three passages in Revelation 13 he blasphemes the Lord. John, in chapter 13 in the book of Revelation, seemingly this world leader is wounded to the death. Now, that is very important to understand: that he is not going to die, seemingly he is dead. He will be healed. Satan, who has the power to heal, will raise him up. This will be that which is miraculous in front of the world, causing them to believe this world leader, the Antichrist, and then do what he says to do, and ultimately worship him.
- You need to be very careful of the fact of the signs and miracles and wonders unfolding in our world today; because Satan and the Antichrist and, indeed, the third member of the satanic trinity, the false prophet, are able to do these types of miracles, even healing. We’ve got to see what the Word says, and it’s key to understand. This Antichrist comes back as it were from the dead.
- Ankerberg: Summarize: this world government is coming into place; you’re going to have the Antichrist controlling it; there’s going to be oppression of the saints. Where does Jesus Christ come into that picture now at the end?
- DeYoung: Jesus is standing by, letting all of this unfold; because he said in the book of Luke chapter 21 verse 24, “And Jerusalem shall be trodden down until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.” The Lord is allowing the Gentile world powers to play out what they’re going to do as foretold in Bible prophecy. Then Jesus Christ will come back, bringing an end to the Gentile world powers, bringing an end to the satanic trinity, and set up his kingdom; after his second coming, the thousand year period of time.
- Ankerberg: For people that don’t know Christ, why should they be aware of this information right now?
- DeYoung: Because it helps us to understand how close the rapture of the church is. We’re somewhere just prior to the rapture of the church. But every indication from the scriptures is that we are about to see all of these prophecies unfold. That being the case, the rapture must take place. We’d better be prepared for the rapture.
- Ankerberg: How can a person prepare?
- DeYoung: By putting their trust in Jesus Christ. Simple as ABC: Admit you are a sinner; believe that Christ died for us, resurrected from the dead; and can save us; and by calling upon him to come into their heart and life and save them. He will do what he has promised to do.
- Ankerberg: Can I ask you that are listening right now, have you done that? Have you invited Christ to save you? Have you put your trust in him as the only way you’re ever going to get into heaven? That your sins are going to be forgiven? If not, ask him to come into your life. Trust him. He says he will save you. He’ll make you a Christian.