The Ezekiel 38 and Psalm 83 Prophecies/Part 9
|By: John G Weldon, PhD; ©2011|
|In January 2011 it was announced that Israel had found another 16 trillion cubic feet of natural gas off Haifa, worth almost $100 billion, and it was said to “spark a frenzy” by the Wall Street Journal.|
The Ezekiel 38/Psalm 83 Prophecies: Russia, Iran and Muslim Nations in Biblical Prophecy
Specific Gas and Oil Finds
In 2009, the Noble Energy Company found one major natural gas deposit (88,000,000 m³) off the coast of Haifa. This find alone was said to be capable of producing a revolution in the Israeli economy.
The US Geological Survey has estimated that the Levant Basin off the coast of Israel has a mean average of 1.7 billion barrels of recoverable oil and 122 trillion cubic feet of natural gas. But there is a potential recoverable gas and oil of almost 2-3 times that (3.76 billion barrels of recoverable oil and 227 trillion cubic feet of natural gas). The Levant Basin lies both onshore and offshore and stretches from southern Israel to northern Lebanon, including the large part of Israel, plus coastal Lebanon and Syria, however the oil and gas deposits are found only in Israeli territory. The basin includes the exploration areas of Noble Energy offshore and Zion Oil & Gas onshore.
OilInIsrael.net has an article for February 18, 2010, “Israel Oil and Gas Exploration Boom Continues.” In February 2010, Bontan announced two more major gas fields off the Israeli coast with up to 6,000,000,000,000 ft.³ of natural gas.
Not surprisingly, Russia is now considering work in the Mira and Sarah offshore gas fields in Israel.
In January 2011 it was announced that Israel had found another 16 trillion cubic feet of natural gas off Haifa, worth almost $100 billion, and it was said to “spark a frenzy” by the Wall Street Journal.
Six months later according to CBN News of June 29, 2011, the biggest “offshore gas reserve in the world and the biggest find in a decade” were discovered off Israel’s coast by Delek Energy and Noble Gas.
Perhaps most significantly, according to Harold Vinegar, the chief scientist with Israel Energy Initiatives it is now believed that Israel has oil shale deposits potentially as large as the oil reserves of Saudi Arabia, conservatively estimated at 250 billion barrels of oil, perhaps the second or third largest deposit on Earth.
On July 22, 2011 an announcement was made concerning a deeper layer of natural gas at the Tamar field off the coast of Haifa according to Delek Drilling and Avner Oil Exploration; its economic value has yet to be determined.
An article By Dore Gold in The Jerusalem Post this year spoke about Israel could “revolutionize the global energy sector,” and this is something that could definitely be on Israel’s horizon.
A few more discoveries like those above and it becomes easier to understand how a Russian coalition with Muslim nations could seek to attack Israel for spoil and plunder per Ezekiel 38.
The above could just be the start of additional massive oil and gas discoveries for Israel; it wouldn’t be surprising.
- Martin Barillis, “Massive Natural Gas Deposits Found off Israel,” January 19, 2009; http://www.speroforum.com/a/17732/Massive-natural-gas-deposits-found-off-Israel.
- US Geological Survey, “Assessment of Undiscovered Oil and Gas Resources of the Levant Basin Province, Eastern Mediterranean;” March 2010; http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/2010/3014/pdf/FS10-3014.pdf) (For comparison, the US currently imports about 4 billion barrels of oil per year mostly from basically unstable or dangerous nations (http://www.eia.doe.gov/ask/crudeoil_faqs.asp) — even though it has more than sufficient domestic energy supplies to meet its energy needs for centuries; liberal politics, environmental radicalism and political correctness have simply dictated that they not be used, regardless of the national cost.
- “Bontan Announces Two More Huge Israeli Gas Fields”; http://www.oilinisrael.net/oil-in-israel-news/oil-in-israel-christian-world-news/bontan-discovery
- “Russia’s Gazprom considering Israeli gas?” Oil in Israel, April 15, 2010; http://www.oilinisrael.net/top-stories/gazprom-considering-israeli-gas
- “Amount of natural gas and economic implications of discovery at Mediterranean seaside yet to be determined,” oil in Israel, July 22, 2011;http://www.oilinisrael.net/oil-in-israel-news/oil-in-israel-christian-world-news/new-layer-of-gas-discovered-at-tamar.
- Dore Gold, “How Israel Could Revolutionize the Global Energy Sector,” The Jerusalem Post March 11, 2011; http://www.jpost.com/Features/FrontLines/Article.aspx?id=211676.